Source data for the "OJ287" paper
Predicting the next outburst of OJ287 in 2006, Valtonen, M. et al.
Created by Milan Basta(database construction and description),
Harry Lehto (database), web format by Filip Munz
Last change: 4.Apr.2005
- source of the data points and references. Numbers of photographic plates from Sonneberg are not available.
- R1 : Rene1, data from Sonneberg, 2003, brought by Rene Hudec
- R2 : Rene2, data from Sonneberg, 2004, brought by Rene Hudec
- R3 : Rene3, another set of data points from Sonneberg, 2003, brought by Rene Hudec
- H : Hayden's Sonneberg data points, 2004, measured by Hayden Rampadarath
- W : Wenzel's data, Sonneberg
- A : Aimo Sillanpaa's data, Sonneberg, 2003, measured by Aimo Sillanpaa
- HD: Historical data (referenced in Takalo, L. O.: OJ 287: The Roseta stone of blazars, 1994, Vistas in Astronomy, 38, 77)
- xxxxx (= five figures): Data from the OJ94 project given at the Tuorla OJ94 archive www pages
- K & C : data from Kinman & Conklin paper
(Kinman, T. D. & Conklin, E. K.: Observations of OJ 287 at Optical and Millimeter Wavelengths; 1971, ApL, 9, 147)
- Q & T: data from Qian & Tao (Qian, B. & Tao, J.: Optical monitoring of OJ 287 in 1995-2001; 2003, PASP, 115, 490)
- Mass: data from Massaro et al. (Massaro et al.: Optical and X-ray observations of the two BL Lac objects OJ 287 and MS 1458+22; 2003, A&A, 399, 33)
- Jorstad: Data form St. Petersburg archive by Jorstad, S. & prof. Hagen-Thorne, V. A.
- KN: data sent by Kari Nilsson, 1.03 telescope in Tuorla, 14-inch KVA telescope in La Palma
- JD - 2400000:
- Julian date minus 2,400,000
- ph mag:
- photographic magnitude (for Sonneberg plates, i.e. for data points signed as R1, R2, R3, A, H, W )
- B mag, I mag, R mag, R_C mag, V mag, F_mJy, Bmag_mJy:
- B, I, R, R_Cousine, V magnitude, B band in mJy, B magnitude counted from F_mJy in the following way B = (6,67-log_10(F_mJy))/0,4
- Error (or estimate of error of the V mag see also Error criterion)
- N/A: Not available, will not be easy to fill in
- N/A+: Not available, may be quite easy to fill in
- Err. Criter.:
- Criterion for Error of the V mag
- SNG PhV E: Estimate (!!) of error for photovisual magnitudes of Sonneberg plates. This estimate of error (~0,2) is a little bit higher than would be expected (≤0,15).
This is e.g. due to inconsistency of magnitudes of calibration stars
- HD Err: For these data no error so far
- OJ94 Err: Error from the OJ94 project given at Tuorla archive pages
- K&C Err: The estimates of the error from the original lightcurve (only from the figure, having no data table).
It is probably a mean estimate of all the error bars in the light curve.
- Q&T Err: it should be a small error, less than ≤0.1 mag
- Mass Err: this error was sent to me by Enrico Massaro
- Quality flag:
- 0: probably OK
- 1: suspicious
- 2: probably bad
- 3: wrong
- 4: Upper limit
- 5: Flagged by Harry Lehto
- explanation of the quality flag
- BQP: bad quality plate
- VBQP: very bad quality plate
- s: probably a bad quality plate, or some problem in the estimate
- INC: some of the points near to this point, or the point itself, might be bad.
When it was went through the "photographic" data points it was found that e.g. 2 points that differ in time only by 1 day
differ in mag by about 2 mag etc -> at least one of these points is probably bad -> the points are marked as INC
- OUT: the same as INC, however this time it was possible to guess which of these points is probably bad
- (V)BQP/U: (very) bad quality plate + upper limit
- (V)BQP/s: (very) bad quality plate + "s"
- note to the data point. Please note also that the seemingly different data from Sonneberg (i.e. having different origin: R1, R2, R3, H, W, A) might come from the same plate even though there is a difference in time less than 1,5 day. This is because of some inconsistency in the archivation and evaluation of photographic plates.
- R: red plate
- Band: the original measurement might have been carried out in a different filter than in V band.
Afterwards a correction to V mag might have been done. However, it cannot be told at the moment how it was done and how big the correction was.
- KN: X: half-hour averages, X=number of averaged exposures
- observer of the point, mostly not available (N/A)
|X, where ph mag + X = V mag, NOT for red plates:||-0,4 |
|Y, where ph mag + Y = V mag, for red plates:|| 0 |
|ZB, where B mag + ZB = V mag|| -0,4 |
|ZI, where I mag + ZI = V mag|| 1 |
|ZR, where R mag + ZR = V mag|| 0,4 |
|ZRC, where R_cousins + ZRC = V mag|| 0,4 |
|ZU, where U mag + ZU = V mag|| 0,1 |